Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow.

Living in Oklahoma has its ups and downs. 
Lately the weather has been a problem. 




While everyone that I come in contact with has something to complain about, I keep trying to think of things that are positive to keep me from choking my dog as I continue to shovel my way out to civilization. 

  • I found a brand new bottle of rum underneath my car seat (I don't know how it got there)
  • I have a job, house, and a father that drives me to work when the weather is this bad
  • This weather finally gives me time to update my blog, because I'm so busy and all
  • And its giving me time to work on crafts.....
Speaking of crafts.........

I found a hub cab on the side of the road and the hoarder inside me told me I needed it. 
So obviously I picked it up and thought, what a nice clock this would make. 
I had my grandpa help me drill the hole and after 3 trips to Hobby Lobby and him telling me that it wasn't center, it turned out perfect. 

Although I am a die hard Sooners fan, one of my high school buddies goes to OSU and he's about to graduate. I normally make these magnetic boards for girls, I figured I might try and make one for a boy and see how they like it. I also figured that he has to like it because we're friends. Normally I just have a scrapbook paper backing, but I spray painted chalkboard on this one and used beer bottle caps as magnets. Yeah, I'm pretty awesome, lets just see his reaction when I finally give it to him. 




These are just 2 of the million I have made for family and friends. With these lovely magnetic boards, I've found that Mod Podge has become my best friend and the lady over at Mod Podge Rocks is awesome, crazy nice, and she even has tutorials on how to use Mod Podge if you are a beginner at the mixture of basically glue and water. 


My next projects include a sewing/painting on canvas.
This is the one I made for my mom for Christmas, she's a quilter and lovvvveeeeessssssss to sew. oh the irony 

and my bestie wants some pillows made for her new apartment. 
More pictures to come, but I'll just leave you with this little lovely text from my lover



No comments:

Post a Comment